Monday, January 26, 2009

Creaking Frogs

Creaking Frogs

For those of you following the weather, I heard the first New Year frogs croaking..more like slow croak, (imagine an old gate with a rusty hinge swinging every so slowly)... about 11 days ago. They are not very lively and two or three croakers does not make a chorus but post December weather, they were probably fooled into thinking that Spring is just around the corner. A mosquito buzzed me at Peninsula Golf on the weekend so a lot of time clocks are running fast this year. Then again, we are almost into February. Take a look a the various plant buds around your yard and your likely to see a lot of forced buds that are within a week of opening (pussy willows are already starting). The large anthill out west of us was dug up (bear perhaps) for the ant larvae and eggs.

Coyotes were yipping west of Seaview a few nights ago and remember, it only takes 2 coyotes to raise a ruckus and sound 2 dozen partying teenagers. Paul Luethe stopped by today and commented the repeat sighting of a small Cougar (100 pounds and I mean feline cat) in "North Seaview".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seaview, Washington, United States
I live a mile from where I was born but sometimes I feel like a stranger in my own strange land. Descendant from gold miners (The Yukon and Mexico), coal miners (Wales, British Columbia and Washington), timbermen (Sweden), sod and berry farmers (Missouri, Washington), Klondikers, fortune seekers and just plain hearty peasant stock.